This page may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we'll earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you.
If you’re looking for the best rear facing car seats, look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the best rear facing car seats available to purchase right now. Check out the full list of rear facing car seats below.
Top 9 Rear Facing Car Seats
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- VERSATILE: The Sonus Convertible Car Seat helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 pounds, and forward facing toddlers from 22-50 pounds, extending the life and use of this full-featured car seat. Rear facing height is 19-40 inches and forward facing height is 28-50 inches
- TESTED AND TRUSTED: In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable federal safety standards, this car seat also passes Evenflo's comprehensive Side Impact and industry leading Rollover Test Standards
- ALL-SEASON COMFORT: The Sonus features a revolutionary air flow ventilation system that provides a temperature-regulated, comfortable traveling experience regardless of the season or your climate. Rear facing fit tip- Top of head is at 1 inch below the top of the child restraint seat back
- TRAVEL WITH FREEDOM: This restraint meets FAA Inversion requirements for airplane use allowing it to serve as a seat that can travel with you during family vacations or holidays around the world
- OTHER VALUABLE FEATURES: Up-front adjustment for easy access to harness, 5 shoulder strap positions for proper fit, removable pads for easy machine washing, 2 cup holders, and head pillow for support
- The guide 65 is a perfect fit for smaller cars and helps protect your child longer in both rear and forward facing positions
- Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and 19inches-40inches
- Forward-facing 22-65 pounds and 34inches-52inches
- Compact design for small cars
- 5 harness heights and 3 buckle locations for proper fit
- 3 modes of use: rear facing infant mode (4-18lbs), rear facing toddler mode (18-40lbs), and forward facing toddler mode (22-65lbs)
- Immediate right installation angle: rear-facing recline flip foot allows for great installation angles with ease; The built-in bubble level indicator helps find the correct angle
- Fits three across: at its widest, the Trooper is 16.75" Allowing it to fit 3 ACROSS in most vehicle
- Shoulder & crotch buckle adjustment: 5-position shoulder height adjustment and 3- position crotch buckle for seat adjustment
- Safe with head protection: super deep side wings for better side impact protection
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that help to protect your child in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your growing child
- 6-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
- With 2 modes of use, this latch equipped Cosco car seat accommodates infants from 5 pounds up to toddlers weighing 40 pounds in rear facing mode and kids up to 50 pounds in forward facing mode
- The 5 point harness adjusts easily from the front of the seat and features 6 heights and 3 buckle locations
- In both the rear facing and forward facing modes, built in side impact protection keeps your little 1 extra secure
- Easily remove the machine washable and dryer safe car seat pad to clean
- Perfect for travel, the seat is certified for use on aircraft and gives your child a familiar seat during a flight
- Convertible Car Seat: The first car seat in the U.S to feature an innovative 360° rotatable seat, the Sirona S makes it quick and easy to switch between rear-facing and forward-facing positions and get your child in and out of the car.
- EasyLock Bar: Reduces the force needed up to 4x for simple and secure car seat installation. Dual-level indicators ensure that your car seat is at the correct recline angle while our load leg can reduce rotation in certain crashes by up to 30%.
- SensorSafe: Built into the chest clip, SensorSafe provides app alerts if a child unbuckles themselves; if the back seat has become too warm or too cold, if a child has been seated for too long, or if the driver accidentally leaves the child behind.
- Superior Protection: Linear side-impact protection (L.S.P.) absorbs up to 25% more impact in a collision compared to the same car seat without L.S.P. extended while the anti-rebound design reduces car seat rebound movement in the event of a crash.
- Adjustable Headrest: Make sure your car seat is always a perfect fit with 12 different headrest positions. The Sirona S harness adjusts without re-threading, making it easier to adjust the height of the shoulder straps as your child grows.
- Built to Grow: The 3 in 1 car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: rear facing 5 40 pounds, forward facing 22 to 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe. 2 integrated cup holders. Grow with baby pillows for a comfortable ride
- Easy In, Easy Out: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it’s easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19 to 40 inches. Forward facing height is 29 to 52 inches
- Quickfit Harness: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step. Takes up less space in the back seat, for up to 7 inches of extra room in the front
- Wash and Dry: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; No fuss for truly easy cleaning
- Integrated Adjustable Canopy for UV Protection: Integrated height and angle adjustable canopy for in-car UV protection. Flip-out side visors provide additional shade protection for either side of the car seat.
- 4-in-1 Seating System: Built for extended use including 1) Rear Facing Infant mode from 4 to 18lbs 2) Rear Facing Toddler mode from 18 to 40lbs 3) Forward Facing with Harness mode from 22 to 65 lbs 4) Belt Positioning Booster mode from 40 to 100lbs
- Comfort & convenience for kiddos: Child can quickly adjust the canopy when car is in motion and sun is coming from multiple directions. The coverme's exclusive comfort cabin offers extra padding to keep child comfortable on long rides.
- Includes an integrated headrest with no rethread harness. Three positions recline that allows front seat passengers to have extra legroom, while an integrated recline flip foot offers dual adjustment and gives the right angle with ease.
- Fits three across in most vehicles: At its widest. The Baby Trend Cover Me 4-in-1 Convertible car seat is 18.25", which allows it to fit three children across in most vehicles.
Final Thoughts on Rear Facing Car Seats
We’ve done the research, so you can choose from the best rear facing car seats. These rear facing car seats were chosen based on quality, customer satisfaction, and budget. Keep your child safe with one of the best rear facing car seats from our list!